OIA Conversations on Race Webinar Series
Global to Local View of the Refugee Crisis
The next OIA Conversations webinar — co-sponsored by the Center for Refugee, Migrant, and Displacement Studies — will explore the global refugee crisis and the local connection to communities in Blacksburg and Roanoke. The webinar is free and open to the public.
- WHEN: Wednesday, March 10, 1:30–3 p.m.
- Scott Bailey, professor of electrical and computer engineering and leader of the Blacksburg Refugee Partnership.
- Bethany Lackey, executive director of the Roanoke Refugee Partnership.
- Katherine Randall, Ph.D. candidate in Virginia Tech’s Program in Rhetoric and Writing and a Blacksburg Refugee Partnership volunteer.
- Brett Shadle (moderator and presenter), professor and chair of the Department of History.
- Zohour, Syrian refugee. (Dina Ali will serve as translator.)
About OIA Conversations
The goal of this webinar series is to raise awareness of our local conditions and to demonstrate that this awareness needs to be broadened to identify how the local situation is linked to global communities of color.