International Faculty Development Program 2011
In May of 2011 the IFDP program sponsored by the Office of Outreach and International Affairs held their international field experience in Chile, which included visits at La Universidad Austral de Chile, and in particular the Center for Science and Global Sustainability.The photo to the right shows the VT participants as well as the UAch counterparts.
For more information on the IFDP please visit the webpage.
The objectives for collaboration:
1. Develop a pipeline for top undergraduates from Universidad Austral to come to Virginia Tech for graduate study
2. Help with faculty development at Austral, specifically faculty to come to Virginia Tech to complete an advanced degree (PhD)
3. Research collaborations between the two universities
4. Universidad of Austral will look to Virginia Tech as a partner for teaching English skills to students.
5. Unique potential for Virginia Tech students to study abroad in Patagonia